As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
auðit Old Icelandic word can mean:
- pp. n. of an obs. verb;
- e-m verðr e-s ~, it falls to one’s lot;
- oss varð eigi þeirrar hamingju ~, this good fortune was not destined for us;
- þó at mér verði lífs ~, though life be granted to me;
- hafði ~, they had won the day;
- varð þeim eigi erfingja ~, to them no heir was granted;
- ~ fé, means possessed.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᛅᚢᚦᛁᛏ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.