As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
bakki Old Icelandic word can mean:
- 1) bank (of a river, lake, chasm, etc.);
- 2) ridge, bank (hann settist undir bakka í hrísrunni);
- 3) a mound on which the target is set up; setja spán í bakka, to set up a target;
- 4) bank of clouds above the horizon;
- 5) back of a knife or other cutting instrument, opp. to egg.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᛒᛅᚴᚴᛁ
- et cetera.
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.