As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
beiða Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (-dda, -ddr), v. to ask, beg, request;
- ~ e-n e-s, or ~ e-m (for one) e-s;
- ~ e-s af e-m, to ask a thing of or from a person;
- ~ e-n máls, orða, to address one;
- with acc., ~ lögbeiðing, to make a lawful request;
- refl., ~st, to request on one’s own behalf (~ laga, griða).
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᛒᛁᛁᚦᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.