As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
drjúgum Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (prop. dat. pl. from drjúgr), adv.
- 1) much, to a great extent, greatly;
- fóru ~ dag þann fram, they went far that day;
- vegr Gunnar ~ menn, G. slew men in great numbers;
- 2) almost, nearly (~ dauðr af kulda);
- ~ allr, almost all;
- enginn ~, scarcely anybody.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᛏᚱᛁᚢᚴᚢᛘ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.