As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
eira Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (-ða, -t), v.
- 1) to spare, with dat. (at þeir skyldu ~ konum ok kirkjum);
- ~ undan e-u, to yield to;
- 2) e-m eirir e-t vel (illa), it agrees well (ill) with one, he is well pleased (displeased) with it (Eiríki konungi eirði þetta stórilla);
- honum eirir illa, ef, he is annoyed, if;
- 3) ~ e-n af e-u, to deprive one of.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᛁᛁᚱᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.