As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
flá Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (flæ; fló, flógum; fleginn), v.
- 1) to flay (~ belg, húð af e-m);
- ~ e-n kvikan, to flay alive;
- 2) to strip;
- ~ e-n af or ór klæðum, to strip one of his clothes;
- ~ e-n at gripum, to strip one for his money.
- (pl. flár), f. float of a net.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚠᛚᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.