As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
gamall Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (gömul, gamalt), a.
- 1) old;
- á gamals aldri, in his old age;
- opt er gott þat er gamlir kveða, old men’s sayings are often good;
- 2) old, aged, of a certain age;
- hve ~ maðr ertu, how old art thou?
- tólf vetra (gen.) ~, twelve years old.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚴᛅᛘᛅᛚᛚ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.