As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
helga Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (að), v.
- 1) ~ sér land to appropriate land by performing sacred rites;
- 2) to hallow to one (hét hann at ~ Þór allt landnám sitt);
- 3) ~ þing, to proclaim the sanctity of a meeting;
- ~ e-n, to proclaim a person inviolable;
- 4) refl., ~st to he sanctifled.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚼᛁᛚᚴᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.