As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
hrœra Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (-ða, -ðr), v.
- 1) to move, stir (~ fingrna);
- ~ í katlinum, to stir the pot;
- ~ e-t saman, to mix up (~ saman allt, moldina ok blóðit);
- 2) refl., ~st, to move oneself, to be in motion (þá hrœrist heinin í höfuð Þór);
- to move from one’s place, to budge, stir (ek ætla héðan hvergi at ~st).
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚼᚱᚢᚱᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.