As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
keppa Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (-ta, -t), v. to contend, strive hard;
- ~ um e-t, to contend for or about a thing;
- ~ við e-n, to contend with one;
- refl., ~st, to exert oneself;
- ~ við e-n, to contend with or against one;
- ~ til e-s or um e-t, to strive after, contend for a thing.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚴᛁᛒᛒᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.