As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
kynna Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (-ta, -tr), v. to make known;
- ~ sér e-t, to make oneself acquainted with, study (~ sér kaupskap);
- hverr mun ~ oss til konungs, who will show us the way to the king;
- refl. ~st, to become known, come abroad;
- ~st e-u, to become acquainted with;
- e-m kynnist e-t, one gets acquainted with;
- ~st e-t, to study (= ~ sér e-t);
- ~st við e-n, to make acquaintance with one.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚴᚢᚾᚾᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.