As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
ofarliga Old Icelandic word can mean:
- 1) high up, in the upper part (~ í dalnum);
- þeim mun í brún bregða ok ~ klæja, they will make a wry face and their pates will tingle;
- fig., bíta e-m ~, to bite one sharply;
- 2) of time, towards the end of a certain period;
- ~ á dögum Ólafs konungs, in the later part of the reign of King Olaf (= á ofanverðum dögum).
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚢᚠᛅᚱᛚᛁᚴᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.