As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
ugga Old Icelandic word can mean:
- (-ða, -at), v.
- 1) to fear, suspect (eigi uggi ek brœðr þína);
- eigi uggi (imperat.) þú Ísungsbana, fear thou not the slayer of Í.;
- ~ ekki (lítt, fátt) at sér, to apprehend no danger, be off one’s guard;
- er þat ~nda, at, it is to be feared that;
- 2) impers., mik uggir, at, I fear that.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚢᚴᚴᛅ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.