As defined by A Concise Dictionary of Old Icelandic (Geir Zoëga):
yndi Old Icelandic word can mean:
- I) n. delight, happiness;
- njóta yndis, to enjoy happiness, live in bliss;
- þeira samfarar urðu ekki at ~, their married life was not happy;
- nema, festa ~ á e-m stað, to feel happy in a place;
- ok hvárki nam hann ~ á Íslandi né í Nóregi, he found no rest in Iceland or in Norway.
- II) from vinda.
Possible runic inscription in Younger Futhark:ᚢᚾᛏᛁ
Also available in related dictionaries:
This headword also appears in dictionaries of other languages closely related to Old Icelandic.